Next Kraftwerke is active on day-ahead, intra-day, and futures markets. We can take your flexibility directly to these markets which can significantly increase the value of your power generation and/or consumption. This way you profit directly from price variations on the spot: both from price peaks and drops.
How we put your flexibility at work
- Trade yourself: We provide you access to the Belgian day-ahead and intra-day, OTC and futures markets and jointly optimise your generation or consumption profile.
- Connect to our smart trading services: We combine your plant schedule together with our optimization algorithms to dispatch your plant optimally on a 15-minutes basis: consume when prices are low or produce when prices are high.
- Minimize your imbalance cost and/or generate imbalance revenues: Our algorithms anticipate imbalances of your balancing group and forecast imbalance prices. You reduce/avoid imbalance costs by trading on the intra-day market and by steering your plant or having your plant steered in real-time. As a result, your imbalance costs are reduced or you even have imbalance gains.
Client' story: Biogas power plant of Onno Wilberg and Guido Koch, Germany
“When our biogas power plant was under construction, people wondered why we were installing 4 MW CHPs but only kept the motors running for a few hours a day,”,” says Onno Wilberts while pointing at the three combined heat and power (CHP) units at the biogas power plant he operates with Guido Koch. “There was still a lot of educating to be done.” In 2011 Wilberts and Koch were pioneers in the German biogas industry. Their objective: A biogas power plant that can help stabilize grid frequency and follow a peak-load operation schedule that is tied to the price of power.
“To put our plan into action, we needed a reliable market partner who could place the flexibility of our power plant on the electricity market,” Koch recalls. “Next Kraftwerke offered the competence we were looking for. We especially value the close cooperation and excellent support they provide.” Today, the power plant is controlled via a remote control unit, and its power production is shifted up and down as often as 20 times a day. The power plant can be controlled in 15-minute increments based on current prices on the spot market. The transmission grid operators benefit from valuable control reserve. The power plant offers an average electric capacity of 1.2 MW, while the installed capacity is nearly 4 MW. Additionally, the power plant’s storage encompasses 14,000 m3. With the power plant’s immense flexibility, it can help compensate wind and solar fluctuations.
Our working principles
- We trade your flexibility on the market where it is worth most: intraday market, imbalance market, free bids. You can change between those markets to benefit from real-time price changes
- We improve your revenues and reduce your costs by not only trading your electricity but also its flexibility
- We actively involve you in the trading strategy
- We offer to put your flexiblity both on the spot market and the imbalance market but also on the reserve power market. Together with you we switch between these to maximize your revenues.
- With our 24/7 trading we reduce your balancing risks to the minimum and help you keep the quarterly hour balance. This way you avoid imbalance costs.
- We offer products custom-tailored to your need for security. You might for example opt for access to the short-term market, with the safety of a fixed price cap. The best of two worlds.
- We work transparently sharing profits from trading your flexiblity. There are no hidden fees.
- Regardless of real load profile RLP or synthetic load profile SLP, we use our experience and extensive database to predict your production and consumption profiles to trade it optimally