All markets are open to you
Do you need additional volumes of electricity? Or would you like to take advantage of price fluctuations on the electricity market to purchase electricity cost-effectively or to market generation plants profitably? Our in-house 24/7 electricity trading gives you access to all relevant European electricity markets without having to make major investments: We open the door to the EEX derivatives market in Leipzig, the day-ahead and intraday auctions of the EPEX SPOT power exchange, the balancing energy market of transmission system operators, other international electricity markets and our OTC partners.
Your needs are decisive
You decide yourself to what extent you wish to make use of our services: Maybe you just want to save the costs for your own market access, but want to act completely independently on the stock exchange. Then simply let us know what volumes of electricity we should buy or sell for you and where. Or you can use our trading platform NEXTRA to trade on the stock exchange yourself. Or perhaps you would like to use the expertise of our trading team or forecasts on price developments on the electricity trading venues to manage your portfolio more profitably or to smooth out your balancing groups. We are guided by your requirements.
Inquiry power trading
Derivatives market: medium- and long-term electricity trading
Longer-term supply contracts are concluded on the EEX derivatives market in Leipzig. The so-called futures can be traded as base or peak products with delivery periods of one calendar week, one calendar month, one quarter and one calendar year - up to six years in advance. Our market access enables you to purchase or sell standard electricity products or structure your portfolio in the medium to long term.
|This is how it works||Tranche delivery||NEXTRA|
- We give you access to the futures market.
- You define the time and quantity of the purchase or sale according to your requirements. You transmit your order via a secure e-mail, SFTP server, a REST interface or our customer portal NEXTRA.
- We handle the trading business for you. Billing is based on current market prices.
You can determine the purchase dates for the tranches yourself and place your order via our market access. On request, we can also support you in the development and implementation of your purchasing strategy. This way you benefit from falling electricity prices without having to continuously observe the market.
Spot market: Short-term optimisation of your portfolio
On the spot market for energy, the EPEX Spot in Paris, electricity volumes available at short notice are traded. The electricity volumes are either sold one day before physical delivery in day-ahead trading or traded on the intraday market on the day of physical delivery. With us, you can react flexibly to short-term fluctuations in consumption and generation in your portfolio and adjust your trading volumes - without investing in your own stock exchange access.
- Through us you get access to the Day-Ahead-Auction.
- Trade full hours or block bids (e.g. base or peak load) for the next day - from a minimum quantity of 0.1 MW up to a contractually agreed maximum output.
- The market clearing price, which is then paid for the respective product, results from the intersection of the quantity requested and the quantity offered.
- We will give you access to the intraday auction.
- Trade electricity in 15-minute, hour or standard blocks (for example peak or baseload). You can trade a position up to 5 minutes before the due date. The smallest tradable unit in intraday trading is 0.1 MW, the possible price range for one megawatt hour is -9,999 Euro to 9,999 Euro.
- You receive or pay the bid price that was knocked down in the respective transaction.
Would you like even more support? With our virtual power plant with over 5000 power generators and consumers as well as our own team of power traders, analysts and even meteorologists, we are in a position to make accurate forecasts and to compensate for over- or under-supply of your portfolio up to 5 minutes before the delivery quarter hour. We would be pleased to inform you.
Control energy: Trading control power and stabilizing the grid
The decentralized systems in your portfolio or in the portfolio of your customers have a valuable potential: controllability. In contrast to solar and wind plants, biogas, water or CHP plants, for example, can produce more or less electricity in the short term. This controllability is worth money on the balancing energy market. As a long-standing provider of control energy in all four German control zones, we market the flexibility of your plants via our virtual power plant both on the minute reserve market and on the more lucrative secondary and primary reserve markets. Of course, you retain the sovereignty over your investments.
|This is how it works||White label solutions||Client portal|
- The systems are connected to the control system of our virtual power plant via our telecontrol technology, the Next Box.
- We carry out the necessary test procedure for you: The prequalification tests whether the systems are suitable for providing control energy.
- The provision of the assets is remunerated with a stand-by remuneration, the so-called activity price. This has no effect on the driving style. In the event of fluctuations in the power grid, the output of the systems is adjusted accordingly and an energy price is paid in addition to the output price.
By the way: If you want to go one step further and operate your own virtual power plant, we also have the right offer for you: our Software-as-a-Service solution NEMOCS.
Numbers and Facts
We operate our trading floor at our headquarters in Cologne (Germany). Whether you need to market your portfolio, procure electricity or close out your balancing group - our trading experts handle all energy industry processes for you with the highest level of market expertise and expertise. Since we are not intertwined with the structures of the old energy industry, you retain your own profile and strategic independence in the cooperation.
Simply fill out the contact form and we will contact you with a non-binding offer - or call us directly at +32 (0) 2 342 02 68